General Access Computer Lab Policies & Procedures
All students will be made aware of the computer lab's policies and procedures during Account setup and are expected to abide by them when using the lab. Disregarding the policies and procedures will result in the suspension of lab use privileges.
- This lab may be used only by members of the Lincoln University, including current students, staff, and faculty. If you wish to use a computer, but you are not a member of the Lincoln University, please ask the Help Desk for assistance.
- Please carry your Lincoln ID card with you while using the lab. You may be asked to present it at any time, and if you don't have it with you, you may be asked to leave the lab.
- You must have a valid Lincoln network account in order to use lab computers.
- You may not share your username or password with another user, and you may not use your network account to log another person into a lab computer, even if that person is a trusted friend or family member. To do is a violation of the university's policy on Acceptable Use of the University Computing Facilities and Network, which you agreed to abide by when you created your network account.
- Please remember to log out before leaving the computer. You are responsible for the computer you are logged in on.
- Academic work by current Lincoln students takes precedence over all other uses of the lab, including but not limited to non-academic games, chatting, email, or web surfing. A user engaged in non-academic activity may be asked to give up his/her computer to allow another user to carry out legitimate academic work.
- Equipment is first come, first served, and cannot be reserved. Please do not attempt to reserve a computer by leaving your belongings around it. If a computer is left unattended for 10 minutes or more, Computer Lab staff may log you out of the computer, move your belongings, and another user may have access to the computer. No attempt will be made to save any data.
- Please do not leave your personal belongings unattended. Users are responsible for their own possessions, and belongings. Computer Lab staff are not responsible for lost, stolen, or moved items.
- Lost & Found items are stored for a short period of time at the Help Desk, and then they are delivered to Student Services, located in Room 103.
- You may not install software on lab computers, including but not limited to games, ICQ or instant messengers, media players, etc. If you need a specific piece of software for academic purposes, please talk to a staff at the Help Desk to find out the appropriate procedure for having it installed.
- Please do not reconfigure computers, personalize desktops, or alter another user's files. Please do not move computers or tamper with their cables. If you have a legitimate reason for wanting to alter a computer station, please ask a staff member at the Help Desk to find out the appropriate procedure.
- Lab hard drives are cleaned once every week, wiping out all saved files. To ensure that your personal files do not get destroyed, please do not save them to lab hard drives. Instead, save them to your flash drive or CD-RW. Lincoln Computer Lab does not recommend the use of floppy disks because they are unreliable and tend to fail often.
- Use of the computer facilities should not hamper or interfere with the ability of other students to do academic work. Activities to be avoided include but are not limited to excessive computer volume, loud conversation or laughter, use of offensive language, viewing of offensive or explicit imagery, cell phone calls, and other disruptive behavior.
- Be courteous to your fellow lab patrons by turning off your pager or cell phone ringer, and by taking all personal conversations and/or cell phone calls outside the lab.
- Please do not print multiple copies using lab printers. A photocopier is available in the library for document duplication.
- Please do not put special paper into the paper trays of the lab printers. The wrong paper can cause printer problems. If you would like to print on special paper, please ask a staff member at the Help Desk for assistance.
- No Lincoln staff or lab technicians are responsible for any loss of data for any reason while users are using any computers including the lab computers.
- Keep our computer lab clean! Please dispose of your own trash, and pack out any items that you brought in.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the lab. Items can be stored at the Help Desk until you leave the lab.
- Absolutely no alcohol, tobacco or other drugs allowed in the lab.
- Viewing of pornography or other sexually explicit materials in the lab is not appropriate. If anyone in the lab sees you engaging in such activity, you may be asked to stop the activity immediately and/or leave the computer lab. If you have legitimate academic need for viewing such materials (as verified by your instructor), please ask a staff member at the Help Desk about a arranging a more private location where other lab patrons will not be disturbed by your activity.
- Children under 10 years of age are not permitted in the lab without adult supervision.
- The Computer Lab telephone is not available for users.