Master of Science (MS) Degrees Introduction
Lincoln University offers the Master of Science in International Business (MS in IB) and the Master of Science in Finance Management (MS in FM) degrees. The programs are designed to develop broad competence and to enable graduates to operate in a wide variety of business situations appropriate to their specialty. The Lincoln University MS programs uphold a strong international focus. In order to fulfill the overall mission, emphasis is placed throughout on important disciplines and skills as well as specific subject areas.
The following objectives have been identified for the programs:
- Use of analytical tools from the quantitative and behavioral sciences;
- The building of flexible adaptability to changing environments;
- The development of the student's ability to evaluate social, political, and economic values;
- Advancement of skills in group cooperation and decision-making;
- Development of communication skills;
- Development of the student’s ability to carry out independent research, and enhancement of their ability to deliver their ideas, research methodology and findings by means of formal presentations with critiques of their analytical, written, oral and media presentation skills in business and professional environments.
MS Degrees General Requirements
The MS degrees are designed for those qualified students who have an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in business and desire to acquire professional-level skills and knowledge in a specific business discipline. The programs academic structure includes required core courses and a set of elective concentration courses, all of which support the student’s efforts to gain an in-depth and applied understanding of the business area they have chosen for their continuing professional and career growth. The availability of a broad selection of special elective courses provides students with the opportunity to tailor their degree program to their academic backgrounds and career interests. Students with undergraduate or graduate business degrees will be required to get 36 credits in semester units of courses in order to earn the MS degrees. Students with an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in fields other than business will be required to complete foundation courses, which may add up to 18 additional units to the programs graduation requirements. Appropriate adjustments based on individual applicant backgrounds may lead to somewhat different requirements.
MS Degrees Enrollment Requirements
Students admitted to the MS degree programs must maintain continuous enrollment of a minimum of 9 units each academic semester (excluding Summer). All students who are working on a Master’s level project, completing coursework in which the grade of “I” (incomplete) was given, or engaging in special research projects, must register in each successive semester (excluding Summer Session) until the degree requirements are completed.